The following are status updates posted on Facebook and Instagram regarding our big move to the east coast, after being in the Bay Area for three years. I figured I really should be a better website owner and actually fill mine with content.
November 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM (Thursday)
SHOE CRISIS! J says I can only bring six pairs. What won't I need in Pennsylvania and Florida? L to R, from top row: Doc Martens knee high boots, Dirty Laundry mid calf boots (super worn and comfy), Pumas (can be worn barefoot and in water), New Balance running shoes, Saucony sneakers, New Balance hiking shoes, Dawgs (wannabe Uggs)
November 22, 2014 at 11:40 PM (Saturday)
- Dinner, courtesy of random pantry contents: ground beef, white and black beans, kernel corn, coconut milk and curry, all mixed together. (Edible)
- Boxes of clothes: Jason - 1, Jam - 5
- Semi-argument over my excessive amount of shoes = 1
- Number of steps: Jam - 5834 (indoor, boxing of shit), Jason - 16,400 (outdoor, carrying boxed shit to pod)
November 23, 2014 at 6:00 PM (Sunday)
November 25, 2014 at 4:28 PM (Tuesday)
November 26, 2014 at 10:07 AM (Wednesday)
November 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM (Thursday)
November 28, 2014 at 5:48 PM (Friday)
- Time to completely empty the apartment, donate to Goodwill, and load the Jeep: 8.5 hours
- Status: Sardine Can on Wheels (see pic)
- Grumpiness level: fluctuating between 50-95%, but both on the fast decline since we're fuckin' done!
- Hunger level: 100% for both
- Time it took to wave goodbye to apartment: 5 seconds
Sayonara, San Jose! It's been real.