Carson to Flagstaff, AZ
Taken on the State Line Arizona - California On I-40
Playlist (if it's not on here, check YouTube)
- Seal - Crazy
- Talking Heads - Road To Nowhere
- Rusted Root - Send Me On My Way
- U2 - Sweetest Thing
- Dave Matthews Band - Ants Marching 
- Ace Of Base - The Sign 
- Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity 
- Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
- Coldplay - Don't Panic
- Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life 
- Eminem - Lose Yourself 
- Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
- MGMT - Electric Feel
- PM Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss
- Some Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
- Gnarls Barkley - Crazy 
- Blind Melon - No Rain
- Sheryl Crow - Everyday Is A Winding Road
- Violent Femmes - Blister In The Sun
- War - Low Rider
- The B-52's - Roam
- Live - Selling The Drama
- Semisonic - Closing Time
- The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
- Smash Mouth - Walkin' On The Sun
- Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
- Sufjan Steven - For The Widows In Paradise, For The Fatherless In Ypsilanti
- Cee Lo Green - Fuck You
- Johnny Cash - Jackson
- The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
- New Radicals - You Get What You Give
- Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
- Modest Mouse - Float On
- Amii Stewart - Friends
- Lenny Kravitz - Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Stevie Nicks - Edge Of Seventeen
- Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
- Soul Asylum - Runaway Train
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
Food and drink
- Lunch: Denny's, Jason - Southwest turkey sandwich, Jam - eggs in a basket with bacon and hashbrowns
- Dinner: gyros and beer
Comedians we listened to
- Aziz Ansari 
- Dane Cook
- John Mulaney
- Jerry Seinfeld
- Bill Burr 
- Louis C.K.
- Daniel Tosh 
- Mitch Hedberg
- Demetri Martin
- Anthony Jesselnik
- Jim Gaffigan
Miscellaneous information and thoughts
 Obviously my favorite DMB track, probably of all time.
 I consider this one of our "theme songs" (do we still call 'em that? sorry for the cringe-fest) because when I first told him I loved this song, he said he had the CD and actually played it in his car during one of his long road trips. + cool points, obvs.
 Belting this out while speeding down the highway that will lead us out of California has its benefits.
 One of my ultimate fave bands in the 90s! Made me remember a hilarious podcast J and I listened to a few weeks ago, about some guy who thought he was friends with 3EB lead singer Stephan Jenkins. Give it a listen:
 I need to re-memorize my Eminem raps..you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo!
 Do we still abhor Cee Lo Green for the rape thing?
 LOVE THEM. I really need to watch more stand-up, preferably live.
Experienced a 4.7 earthquake! It was CRAZY. We thought it was just a train coming through because it's pretty common to hear 'em coming in Flagstaff, but the whole room rumbled like hell. This is probably the first time I've ever felt an earthquake of this magnitude.
Flagstaff is pretty cool. Still has an out-of-nowhere feel to it, but it's not so bad.